“The quality of leadership, more than any other single factor, determines the success or failure of an organization.”
- Be positive, respectful, and constructive to all of the staff
- Put any differences aside for the short time you are being asked to work together
- Set a good example for all of the staff
- Take advantage of talking to Mental Health staff
- Praise in public and critique in private if at all possible
During the first course you were advised to take the FEMA ICS 100 course to familiarize yourself with the Incident Command System. It is recommended that all potential Command Staff members complete the FEMA ICS 200 course as well.